'Tis the Preseason!
Oct. 1- Feb. 28 - Group Sales & Season Passes for Priority Access
Date: Sunday, November 7, 2010
Newport Polo thanks all its fans, patrons, players and sponsors for achievements in 2010.
Newport Polo thanks all its fans, patrons, players and sponsors for the following achievements in 2010 including:
• Launch of new polo website
• Erection of Polo Pavilion
• Growth in attendance
• Raised more than $64,000 during the 4-month season for civic and charitable organizations
• Hosted 7 international teams including the debut of the Dominican Republic and the Netherlands
• Organized 17 social events for the Newport Polo Club and community in which nearly 800 guests participated over the course of the summer, including the Asado Lamb Roast, Lobsterbake, Jerk Grill Dinner, Polo Ball, international team reception dinners and field-side dinners.
• Inaugurated Beach Polo in the Newport Winter Festival
• Sent USA teams overseas to Ireland, Chile and Jamaica
• Sponsored interscholastic and intercollegiate polo competitions
• Organized record number of club tournaments
International Polo Lending: Congratulations to the 2010 Best Playing Ponies & their lenders:
• Bolga Loaned to Dominican Republic by Dennis Mikolich; owner Kathleen Reagan
• Julia Loaned to Scotland by Dave Bullis; owner Ted/Bridget Torrey
• Puff a Wheelie Loaned to Netherlands by Peter Friedman
• Señor Loaned to Ireland by Dan (and Minnie) Keating
• Sentencia Loaned to Australia by James Gadea; owner Luis Bogaert
• Sylvia Loaned to Jamaica by James Gadea; owner Luis Bogaert
• Señor Loaned to England by Dan (and Minnie) Keating
Player Achievement Awards:
• George Day, recipient of the 2010 Sportsmanship Award
• Bridget Torrey, recipient of the 2010 Most Improved Player Award
International Polo Charity Ball
Newport Polo thanks the 2010 gala volunteers: Dave Carrington, Steve Smith and greater auction committee, as well as Stacie Mills, Jim Garner, Dave Markell, George Day, Terri Campbell and Heather Rasulis for working with us to achieve a successful affair, both organizationally and in fundraising. Special thanks goes out to the Preservation Society of Newport and Blackstone Catering for ensuring the success of the event.
2011 gala news: Save the date of Friday, Aug. 5th, with guests of honor - the Chilean Polo Team. Criteria for selection of beneficiary include: a.) community based need; b.) timely need; c.) existing local volunteer force.
International Polo Sponsors
The Newport International Polo Series thanks its 2010 sponsors and promotional partners for supporting Polo, making the 2010 season memorable for its 40,000 fans, contributing to the hospitality for our international guests, and creating a partnership among the Best of Newport, including: Davidoff, Carnegie Abbey Club, Vanderbilt Hotel, The Newport Restaurant Group, Lufthansa, O2 Global Chauffeured Services, Washington Trust Company, McGrath Clambakes, The Newport Daily News, WCRI, Bose, The Preservation Society of Newport, Bird’s Eye View Helicopter Tours, America's Cup Charters, International Tennis Hall of Fame, Eastern Mountain Sports outfitters of Middletown, Newport County Visitor & Convention Bureau