Newport Polo is seeking candidates interested in hands-on experience in Sports Marketing & Event Management to gain valuable skills in event PR, marketing & promotions, sales, and operations.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Manage all social media platforms, including curating new content and prolific activity & engagement
- Writing & distributing weekly press releases; maintaining media contact list
- Contribute to content creation for nptpolo.com and weekly eBlasts
- Assist with preparation & distribution of sponsor & marketing collateral
- Assist with ticket sales administration
- Assist with distribution of membership materials
- Assist with preparation for Newport Polo's special events, including the annual International Polo Charity Ball, Après Polo events, and Benefit Matches.
- Coordinate itineraries for international teams
Duties assigned based on intern's strengths, interests, and goals.
- Open to college sophomores and above
- Highly proficient in social media marketing, public relations, and/or event management
- Well organized, with strong interpersonal skills, professional outgoing customer relations
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Photography & digital design skills a plus
Marketing & Sales Manager
Weekly salary based on experience
Hours & Availability
Internship duration is May through August/September
Tuesday - Friday, 9AM - 6PM; Saturday, 11AM - 8PM,
Required days: Every Saturday, June - Aug./Sept. | Friday, August 2nd 6PM-10PM